Executive Vice President, Centerpost Limited | TV, Radio & Internet | Sales & Operations | Start-up & Small Companies
Scott Miller is a proven executive with 19 years of experience in the broadcast industry. Miller specializes in operating and growing start up and small media companies. He currently works for Centerpost Limited. CPL owns and operates several media companies.
In 2005, Scott helped launched a new radio channel on SIRIUS XM, growing FamilyNet Radio from a start-up to a leading Christian-Talk Channel in less then two years. In 2007 he took over operations for FamilyNet TV, growing the networks overall brand, reach and sales in five years. In 2011 Miller helped launch Youtoo TV, a social television platform that combines social media with linear programming.
In 2013 Scott was hired by Centerpost Limited to operate and grow the various media properties under CPL, including BizTV, BizTalkRadio, Youtoo America, LifestyleTalkRadio, Penny Sports, Penny Entertainment (Consulting), Everything Internet Radio, College Real Estate.com, and various real estate properties.
817.274.1609 x 709
Executive Vice President, Centerpost Limited | TV, Radio & Internet | Sales, Programming & Operations | Start-up & Small Companies | Strategy & Implementation | Results Driven | Synergy Focused | Open to New Clients
– Present (2 years 6 months)Arlington, tx
Centerpost Limited is a small holdings company that specializes in media properties.
* Working with team to increase distribution, sales and overall brand awareness of Youtoo America, BizTV, BizTalkRadio and LifestyleTalkRadio.
* Strengthening the Penny Sports brand in the local community and increasing sales efforts both locally and with brand advertisers.
* Due diligence on potential new media properties.
* Manage properties under Frazier Real Estate.
– Present (8 years 1 month)Arlington, Texas
Sagehill Communications was established in 2007 after an Ohio radio station needed help starting a new talk station.
* Built $170,000 in annual billable revenue in a month before the station launched. This allowed the station to start budgeting for their first year of operations.
* Worked with talent looking to get into the business.
* Helped to distribute radio and TV shows.
* Worked with small and start-up networks to establish and grow the business.
– (3 years 3 months)Dallas
Youtoo Networks owned and operated three networks, including two cable and one radio network.
* Oversaw programming and operations for all of Youtoo Networks, including FamilyNet, FamilyNet Radio and Youtoo.
* Launched Youtoo TV, the first 24-hour cable channel to combine social media and technology with on-air programming.
* Responsible for direct response and paid programming revenues.
* Increased weekly revenue on FamilyNet by 20% in six months.
* Managed a staff of eight, including the Programming, Traffic and Production teams.
* Managed relationships with two direct response contracts, two up-link facilities and an LA promotions company.
– (1 year 4 months)
ComStar purchased FamilyNet in December of 2009.
* In charge of operations for FamilyNet Radio.
* Responsible for over a million dollars in annual Paid Ministry time on American Life Network, FamilyNet TV and FamilyNet Radio.
* Worked with Affiliate Relations to market ComStar Media through the various programming partnerships.
* Worked with the Sales Department to create various products to sell on all three networks.
– (4 years 1 month)
FamilyNet TV is family cable channel in 30 million households. FamilyNet Radio was a Christian Talk Channel on SIRIUS XM.
* Built FamilyNet Radio from a start up with no programming to a full-time talk station in five months.
* Established original shows, including Mornings and Wretched with Todd Friel.
* Built an annual revenue base of $700,000 with Paid Programming.
* In 2007 responsibilities expanded to include FamilyNet Television.
* Developed and produced three new exclusive original shows: EveryDay with Marcus & Lisa, Mornings with Lorri & Larry and Wretched with Todd Friel.
* Added over 40 new programs to strengthen brand.
– (1 year 7 months)
KCBI Radio is a 100,000 Watt FM station in the DFW market.
* Produced the morning news.
* Field reporter for the morning show.
– (1 year 6 months)
M&M Broadcasters owns and operates several full power radio stations in the DFW market.
* Built a news department for a network of three radio stations covering Fort Worth, Cleburne, Stephenville and Waco, Texas.
* Hired five reporters, and anchored the news updates for the network.
* Play-by-play for area high school teams.
– (5 years)
Brown Country Broadcasting owns and operates radio stations in Brownwood, Texas.
* Hired as on-air talent for the "request and dedications" show on KOXE FM.
* Sports Director for the morning show that aired on both KOXE FM and KBWD AM.
* Moved into the afternoon drive-time show on the FM station.
* Covered local high school teams, broadcasting football, basketball and baseball games live on the network of stations.
* Rebuilt the stations' news department.
* Awarded two Texas AP Broadcaster Awards, first place in the News Reporting and first place in the Sports Reporting categories.
– (8 months)
Watts Communications owned and operated radio stations in Brownwood, TX.
* Hired as weekend talent on KXYL FM. Less then three months later, asked to be the new night time air talent.
* Sports Director, covering local teams for the morning show.
– (4 months)
KPSM is a radio station in Brownwood, TX.
* Weekend Board Operator for Sunday mornings and for local sports.
* Voiced commercials for the station.